Monday, 10 February 2014

Yr2 Week 13 (Fri 31 Jan 2014 - Producing and Directing)

Funny thing: I was late today, though this was due to a misunderstanding of the schedule, as I had assumed that we were only in for the presentation. Apparently not, as it was the full session as normal. Well, honest mistake, you know!

Anyway, let's not dilly-dally, here's is our presentation:
-
-

So, feedback? Well, 0pretty mixed, to be quite honest: the premise was liked, and Catherine was a confident spokesperson. Plus, our synopsis was much improved from the previous debacle. However, the actual planning and schedule were too vague (though I tried to justify this by explaining that, because of Catherine's work schedule, as well as the lack of a proper green-light to really get things in motion, that I couldn't come up with a proper schedule at this stage). Also, it was felt that maybe our theme/'point' was a little inaccurate, as we seemed to discussing more the corrosive power of the media on young women, than necessarily bulimia itself as a disease.

Still, after that, we received the amber-light, so at least we have a fighting chance to get this project moving and off the ground before long. Naturally, the feedback left me a little shaken, but this all part of the learning experience, and I certainly didn't expect any of this to be peaches and cream, frankly. Catherine will start up casting, regardless, and I will begin to hammer out an early schedule. I'll also try and do script breakdowns before, so as to fully understand everything. Furthermore, I'll be having a skype meeting with Eddie on Monday to go over the finer details and concerns. Lady Luck may still smile on us yet...

No comments:

Post a Comment