Sunday, 27 July 2014

New Lone Ranger editorial + A Feature Length Sequel Script (27/07/14)

One year after the release of Disney's western, whose favour with critics and audiences wasn't warm at first, I have now done two more pieces on the matter. First is a third part, an Addendum, to my original 'Defending The Lone Ranger piece', available here: http://youtu.be/yxnZHEMJQCw



And now, for the real showstopper: I and a fellow budding screenwriter/film student, have crafted a feature length fan script that acts as a sequel to the film. It was a passion project that took several months and five drafts to complete. It is available here: http://savagescribe.deviantart.com/art/The-Lone-Ranger-2-Feature-Length-Fan-Screenplay-465433100


Of course, feedback is always most welcome.

1 comment:

  1. I saw TLR 20 times in the theater in 2013. (No, I have no life, but that's another blog.) I was fortunate in that the city I live in had a number of second-run theaters that played it for weeks after its demise, and I just kept going back to see it.
    I was frustrated when the movie was released regarding the lack of positive discussion about the movie, so I started my own forum at
    http://www.universalstop.com/hubs/forum/filmmaking/topic/positive-discussion-about-the-lone-ranger
    Universal Stop is a website for people's hobbies of any type, and I was already a member when I started the forum.
    I've noticed in the 18 months since TLR's release that (some) people's opinions are turning on the movie. The IMDb and its fanboys (some of whom I believe have a personal vendetta against the movie for whatever reason, their hatred is so vitriol and long-lasting) continue to deride the movie, but the comments in the past six months on Amazon have been almost always 4- and 5-star.
    I liked your follow-up commentary a year later. And I LOVED the last segment, when The William Tell Overture started playing and you wrote, "Admit it. You cheered when this started." When I saw the movie in the theater for the first time at the end of July 2013, the audience laughed out loud and many of us clapped.
    There are three scenes in the movie which I think were borrowed from elsewhere but I am unsure as to where they came from. I believe the scene at the beginning, after John jails Tonto and then goes out to the street to talk the Rangers, and the scene where the seemingly empty tram car rolls out of the mine on the tracks, are both from Disney's The Apple Dumpling Gang. I've never figured out the scene where the Rangers are riding the horses into Colby and their black silhouettes are seen against the yellow dust and sun, but I know it's from somewhere!

    ReplyDelete