Saturday 11 July 2015

New short film, more prose comissions and the near future (11/7/2015)

Been a while, but well, what's new for me and my misadventures in career starting?

First off, you can learn about the progress of my main  creative enterprise, my animated series Very Strange Things, here: http://verystrangethingsanimated.blogspot.com/ New bits of concept art along with some major updates await you!

Next, I am working on a new short film screenplay for submission to an Scottish production company, Encaptivate, who are looking for tight, emotional five minute fare dealing with the theme of loss, and due in towards the end of July. My effort is called Always Tomorrow, and in the span of its five pages, deals with a young writer coping with the loss of his mentor and friend.

Thirdly, on top of my Doctor Who commission, I will also be looking to submit to Thebes Publishing, an independent publisher headed up by Iain McLaughlin, for their anthology entitled The Strangest Cases of Sherlock Holmes. Much like my last submission, they asked for an outline detailing what exactly I had to offer. So, let's see how they like the undead and mad scientists in a story featuring Conan Doyle's most iconic creation! You can find out more about them here: http://www.thebespublishing.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment